Product launch is the single phase of your product development journey that can turn out to be a stressful part of your journey. How your product is going to take a turn in the market is determined by how effectively and fault-free you launch your product. Though the same has enough room for errors, knowing the same beforehand can help you avoid major mistakes of product launch.
Some fatal product launch mistakes include:
- Launching product is a process, not an event: Apart from the day, your product launch is going to take place. The prior months of planning and succeeding days of being into limelight also hold great importance. So product launch is an ongoing process.
- An innovative product is not all you need: An innovative idea for a product is important but keep in mind to study the inherited concepts with the same which include the market, target audience and acceptance amongst the public.
- Have you studied your audience? How well you know your audience or their buying behavior is an aspect that can lead your product launch to failure. Learn the same well enough beforehand.
- Announcing your product launch way too early: Yes, announcing your product launch way too early can create a hype. Moreover, as the date is too far the customer interest might begin to lose in the same. Choose a valid, well-discussed timeline to launch your product.
- Test run with sales: Have you undergone a test run with sales or have you ever thought of it? This is one of the keynoted product launch mistakes as it will help you with effective feedbacks from the customers to help you deliver the product rightly during the product launch phase.
- Do not spend all resources on the product: Often people spend their money and all other resources only on product and as such have less available for marketing and other forms of promotions. Do not undergo the same and follow a balanced approach from the first day to launch your product successfully.
- What’s your story around product launch? : In case you do not have a story about your product launch or fail to create the same, you might land up in disappointment and attract less than the required number of customers. Let your story be centered around your customers. Research enough to make your product effective in the market.
- Launch day is not the deadline: In case your product still contains bug and you launch the same in the market, your product is never going to survive. Delaying your product launch in such a scenario can be thought of as a wise decision. Do not consider the product launch day to be the hard deadline, instead work to exceed the customer expectations.
Launch day plan: All the practices you are going to carry out on launch day is something that is going to be in direct contact with customers. Plan ahead of time, all the speeches and customer attracting activities you are going to carry out. Going unplanned for your big day can turn out to be the worst experience ever.